Our municipal law experience includes the following:
- Serving as special land use or zoning hearing counsel for Zoning Hearing Boards and municipalities
- Counseling clients with real estate development projects involving LERTA (Local Economic Revitalization Tax Assistance Act), KOZ (Keystone Opportunity Zone), and/or other available programs for development assistance.
- Working with agency clients to develop internal administrative policies including:
- Non-harassment personnel policies
- Policies for responding to press inquiries and media requests
- Document retention policies
- Policies governing the use of volunteers by the agency
Furthermore, we’ve worked with elected officials, municipal managers, executive directors of agencies, solicitors, and other municipal officials and consultants to develop and implement municipal ordinances and/or ordinance amendments. These include:
- Creation of Zoning Ordinance Overlay districts
- Amendment of Planned Residential Development (PRD) zoning districts
- Ordinances to Implement Act 90 of 2010 (the Neighborhood Blight Reclamation and Revitalization Act) at the municipal level
Prior to his election to the Commonwealth Court, Judge Doyle was the Solicitor for the Borough of Yeadon; the Borough of Brookhaven Zoning Hearing Board; the Borough of Colwyn; and special Solicitor for a number of other municipalities.